HiEff Pulling Team
Race Trucks 6500 kg Scania
- Scania DC16 V8
- Displacement: 15,6 liter
- Diesel only
- Electronic unit injectors
- 2-stage turbocharged, interstage- and aftercooled
- 6 Turbochargers, 4 air-air charge air coolers
- Eagle centrifugal tractor pulling clutch with 5 discs
- Scania GRS900 gearbox
- Rear axle from Sisu with planetary wheel end reduction
- Engine powerful operating range: 1500 – 2700 rpm (2700 rpm is maximum permitted speed)
- Peak Power: Not tested yet
- 2018 Finnish Race Truck 6500 kg champion + FTPA new arrival prize for Jaakko Linna
Jaakko Linna and his HiEff Pulling Team has Race Truck 6500 kg pulling Scania. Scania has 2-stage turbocharging system with 6 turbochargers. The turbosystem is matched by Antti Linna. Target for turbocharging system is to maximize engine power and wide operating range. Also easy launch with heavy tractor pulling sled is demanded. The engine powerfull operating range is about 1500 – 2700 rpm (2700 rpm is max permitted speed) with extremely high turbocharging efficiency.
Season 2019 will start with stronger clutch and slightly improved engine performance.
Turbomathcing and performance parameters for
Green Team Pulling
Farm Sport 6000 kg
John Deere 6920/6175M
John Deere 6920 (upgradet to 6175M at 2017)
- John Deere 6068
- Displacement: 6,8 liter
- Diesel only
- Common rail fuel injection
- Only 1-stage turbocharging allowed in Farm Sport 6000 kg class
- Aftercooled with air-air charge air cooler (water injection is not allowed)
- Reinforced John Deere powershift gearbox
- Reinforced wet multidisc clutch
- Engine maximum permitted speed 3000 rpm
- Peak PTO Power (netto): ~545 kW at 2700 rpm (2015) and 694 kW at 2600 rpm (2018)
- 2013 Finnish Farm Sport 6000 kg championship 2nd place
- 2014 Finnish Farm Sport 6000 kg championship 1st place
- 2015 Finnish Farm Sport 6000 kg championship 1st place
- 2016 Finnish Farm Sport 6000 kg championship 2nd place
Green Team Pulling (Green Team Uusitalo 2013-2016) John Deere had very efficient and smokeless combustion in Finnish tractor pulling at years 2013 – 2016. Turbocharger matching and part of performance parameters are from Antti Linna. John Deere has good launching properties due to powershift transmission and
easy launch optimized turbomatching. The tractor is sold to Norway at summer 2017.
2 stage turbocharging and performance calculations for Speed Fiskari Fanny with Cummins QSB6.7
- Cummins QSB6.7
- 6,7 liter 6 cylinder turbocharged common rail diesel engine
- 2-stage turbocharging with inter- and aftercooling
- Turbocharging enables good engine response and driveability, but is excellent match for the very high power rates.
- Fully smokeless engine excluding small amount of smoke during launch operation.
- Excellent fuel economy during fast cruising speed (> 40 knot)
- High air consumption (lambda) to take care low exhaust gas temperatures versus brake power.
- Suitable fuel injection system and ECU tuning for desired performance by Ekotuning Oy
- 670 kW (=910 hp) / 3150 – 3300 rpm
- 2170 Nm 2300 – 2800 rpm
Speed Fiskari Fanny is wooden fisherboat and it is built 1958 in Porvoo. It has experienced many modifications in her life time to become fastest wooden fisherboat in the Finnish Bay (Baltic sea). In Fannys history she has had couple of powerfull diesel engines in performance level 150-500 hp. Latest engine upgrade has been designed with durability, economy and performance in mind to reach all targets for owner and his customers.
In summer 2020 is scheduled to participate in several boat races with Fanny.